A Special Invitation to Environmental Consultant Firms:
GTEC wants to grow its Environmental Consultant membership. We have even changed our name from the Georgia Tank & Equipment Contractors Association to the Georgia Tank & Environmental Contractors Association. We tried this once before and it did not work out. We tried to provide an association for any and all kinds of environmental disciplines and we set the annual dues at too high an amount. So this time we are looking for companies whose main business has to do with Underground Storage Tanks or where a major portion of that company’s business is Underground Storage Tanks.
GTEC must provide three items to its consultant members if it wants to make this work – They are:
- The association must be a source of educational and technical information that will help the consultant be better at his/her profession.
- The association should provide resources to obtain information on job bid opportunities. It must provide networking opportunities that will put the consultasnt in touch with more potential clients.
- The association should provide opportunities for the consultant firm to market its products and services such as venues with vendor exhibit spaces.
This is what GTEC will do:
- GTEC will provide seminars and symposiums, newsletters and industry papers, webinars and online courses with specific subjects requested by it’s consultant members. GTEC also does a Member Convention every other year This year, on Feb 28, 29, and Mar 1 our convention will be in Savannah, GA. Our keynote speaker is Ms. Carolyn Hoskinson who is the Director of the Federal EPA office of Underground Storage Tanks. Additionally we will have representatives from the Georgia Fire Marshal’s Offices do a presentation on the new GA Fire Codes.
- GTEC has added a membership category for Operations Engineers and Fleet Managers to be able to join GTEC as an individual. This will provide more networking opportunities. GTEC will use newsletters to identify and publish job notices and job bid opportunities.
- GTEC, for many years , has sponsored and organized the UST Management & Compliance Assistance Seminar which has been a great success. GTEC has now sponsored and produced four two-day SouthEastern States Vapor Intrusion Symposiums. These symposiums have all provided vendor exhibit opportunities.
To learn more about membership and to actually register CLICK HERE